The Sword of Shannara

by Terry Brooks | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 8/27/2021
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Friday, August 27, 2021
1983 Del Rey paperback of the 1977 epic fantasy first entry in the quest trilogy. I found this copy today in the Pinehaven Little Free Library.

Edit October 15, 2021: This was good, but I just skimmed to end for time. It runs very long. I really enjoyed the very painterly illustrations, by the Brothers Hildebrandt, who portray characters who are not quite human, but each has their own personality shining through in the unusual art work. I currently have this ranked at #6307 on my ranked list of best-read books lately. Unfairly low by my algorithm, because it gets punished by the excessive length already mentioned, which is three times as long as ideal for a book in my calculation. But otherwise, this copy is in great shape for the next reader to enjoy.

Released 1 mo ago (10/16/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library at 4498 Hyacinth Ave. in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.