Making the Rounds with Oscar

by David Dosa | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 8/19/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 19, 2021
This is the incredible story of Oscar, an otherwise ordinary cat with an almost psychic sensitivity to human beings. As the resident cat of Steere House, an old people's nursing home, he knows before anyone else when people are at the end of their lives. His presence at a patient's bedside is an almost absolute indicator of their impending death, and allows staff members to notify families that the end is near. Oscar is a wonder to the doctors and nurses; he provides companionship to those who would otherwise be alone, an he gives comfort where others have failed.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 13, 2021
The tale of an extraordinary cat who gives comfort to dying humans and their relatives in a care home. It doesn't surprise me as I have had three pet cats in my lifetime, the last of which lived to be 18 years old, a good age for a cat, and she always knew when I was down in the dumps or feeling unwell. This is quite a common thing between cats and their owners but for a cat to give service to a number of different people in different beds over the years who were not his owner is truly amazing.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/26/2021 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

Mailed to another bookcrosser via the wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, November 29, 2021
Received in the post today from Tanamo as part of the UK Wishlist Tag Game. Thanks very much- this looks like just my kind of book.