Expecting Someone Taller

by Tom Holt | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 8/18/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
What they got was Malcolm! All he did was run over a badger - sad, but hardly catastrophic. But it wasn't Malcolm Fisher's day, for the badger turned out to be none other than Ingolf, last of the Giants. With his dying breath, he reluctantly handed to Malcolm two Gifts of Power, and made him ruler of the world. But can Malcolm cope with the responsibility? Whilst averting wars, plagues and famines, he also has to protect himself against gods, dwarves, valkyriues and other nefarious manifestations of the Dark Ages - none of whom think he is right for the job.....

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 25, 2021
I enjoyed this humourus romp but I'm afraid I have to disagree with those that claim the author is on a par with Terry Pratchett. His work may be in the same vein but Pratchett is still the master and there is no comparison IMHO.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, September 18, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (9/18/2021 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

Mailed to another bookcrosser via the Wishlist Tag Game.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, September 23, 2021
Thank you for tagging me, as my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get ti it :-)