Seven Signs of Life

by The Secret Doctor | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 178470847X Global Overview for this book
Registered by notingnothing of Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on 7/28/2021
Journal Entry 1 by notingnothing from Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Enjoyed this. A compassionate while being realistic (a different balance to tread!) account of stories from working in Intensive Care. I liked the short stories, found it easy to read and free from overly-medical language.

Journal Entry 2 by notingnothing at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (7/29/2021 UTC) at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom

On its way to a new reader as part of a birthday RABCK parcel.
Happy Birthday!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirstykatwing at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 31, 2021
Thank You Notingnithing for this Birthday RABCK!
Something different for me to read and stretch my horizons.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirstykatwing at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 5, 2021
This a magnificent record of daily life in the Intensive Care Unit through the eyes of a Doctor.

I was hesitant about reading this as I am very squeamish. But there were not many gory details, this was more about training and what you did - and did not/ could not learn at Medical School. It is about the various gamut of emotions that assault the Trauma Team head on. This cannot be taught. It is about being Clinical and not letting hurt, distress or fear or hope to interfere with delivering the best possible care .

It made me step back and although I have always respected Doctors, Nurses, Consultants and all NHS staff, I reached another level and our NHS is truly awesome.

I really recommend this fantastic record from an internal perspective.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirstykatwing at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 19, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (8/20/2021 UTC) at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

On it's way to Daffodil-2 as a surprise. There is a similar book on her wish list.

Travel well little book and be enjoyed!

We hope to hear about your travels.

Journal Entry 6 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, August 27, 2021
Received in the post today from KirstyKat. Thanks very much-looks like my very favourite kind of book! As I’ve actually experienced intensive care nursing myself -on the receiving end of it- it will be an extra poignant and interesting read. Thanks also for the chocolate which will won’t survive for long 😀😀.

Journal Entry 7 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, September 16, 2021
REVIEW:-"Although I did enjoy this book it was not what I expected it to be. I found it very intense and maybe a little over-intellectual for my taste. It was very deep at times and dealt with feelings and emotions rather than on specific cases as in other medical themed books I've read in the past. It brought back memories of my own time spent in intensive care and it was very interesting to hear how an intensive care doctor survived the major traumas thrown at them on a daily basis.
I actually found I had to read the book in instalments to be able to deal with it."
Reserving for another bookcrosser.