The Temple House Vanishing

by Rachel Donohue | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 7/21/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 21, 2021
I got this softcover at Barnes and Noble, intrigued by the concept, which seems to owe something to Picnic at Hanging Rock.

Later: Not quite the same level of enigmatic weirdness, but it does include people who are haunted by the past. It's set at a girls' boarding school in Ireland, where two of the students - from very different backgrounds - form a bond that's tested when the charismatic art teacher comes between them. The teacher and one of the girls disappear, and twenty-five years later a journalist begins to delve into the case, hoping to find out what really happened that dark night...

The story as it unfolded reminded me more of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie than Picnic at Hanging Rock, and while there was eventually a solution to the mystery it wasn't as satisfying as I'd hoped.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Moss St. in Burlington, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 27, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (2/28/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library, Moss St. in Burlington, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on my post-snowstorm book-release run; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

** Head Shoulders Knees Toes challenge, for the embedded "shin" in the title. **