Grandmothers

by Salley Vickers | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by daffodil-2 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 7/19/2021
Journal Entry 1 by daffodil-2 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, July 19, 2021

This paperback was given to me by my friend Audrey W. for bookcrossing. It tells the story of 3 very different women and "their relationship with the younger generation".
REVIEW:-I read around 50 pages of this book before realising that it wasn't for
me. However I hope it travels on to find a more appreciative reader.

Journal Entry 2 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, July 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (7/27/2021 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be sent to another bookcrosser.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 29, 2021
Thank you very much for the very welcome book parcel that arrived this morning, daffodil-2. I'm delighted to add more stock to my reading piles as they've been getting a bit depleted lately!

I love Salley Vickers' novels and have been devouring everything I could lay my hands on since discovering Miss Garnet's Angel many, many years ago.

I've already enjoyed this one twice: first from the library in January 2020 and then again on the Kindle last November. It's not one of her best but I'm more than happy to read it again, thank you :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 25, 2021
This is my third time of reading Grandmothers and I've read The Librarian twice, yet I've only just noticed that it's the same children's author who appears in both! How unobservant of me!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 26, 2021
Lovely! I thoroughly enjoyed it all over again, again . . . :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Thirsk Garden Centre in Thirsk, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (8/31/2021 UTC) at Thirsk Garden Centre in Thirsk, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

I left this on the book swap shelves at Thirsk garden centre this morning while enjoying a hot chocolate and toasted tea cake in the cafe for the first time for some 18 months or more . . . Although they call it a swap, they do request donations towards Thirsk's Christmas tree lights fund - but I don't think it's essential!

Nearly two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over thirteen million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!