White As Snow

by Tanith Lee | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingemmejowing of Cortland, New York USA on 7/16/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingemmejowing from Cortland, New York USA on Friday, July 16, 2021
I picked this up at a secondhand store, since I typically like Lee's writing and I was in the mood for a new fantasy world. I was left pretty ambivalent about this one. Lee's writing is vivid, and she creates some memorable settings and images, but I found the overall story forgettable. The characters are clearly fairy tale characters, fulfilling their roles in the story without expanding to feel as if they might be people. The goal of subverting the pop-culture version of these stories sometimes feels overemphasized, with decisions made more to challenge expectations than because they felt natural or needed.

Journal Entry 2 by wingemmejowing at Cortland, New York USA on Friday, July 16, 2021

Released 10 mos ago (7/16/2021 UTC) at Cortland, New York USA

Added to the Wrap It Up Bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by waternixie at Everett, Washington USA on Friday, July 23, 2021
This one isn't my thing, so I'll be passing it on.

Journal Entry 4 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Received in the Misc. Ray Box.

Journal Entry 5 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Released 3 wks ago (4/27/2022 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Released into the Misc. Ray Box.

Please enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Ollie1976 at Beaverton, Oregon USA on Thursday, May 12, 2022
received as part of bookbox ray

Journal Entry 7 by Ollie1976 at Little Free Library in Beaverton, Oregon USA on Thursday, May 12, 2022

Released 1 wk ago (5/14/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library in Beaverton, Oregon USA

releasing at LFL on 196th