The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread

by Don Robertson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 7/14/2021
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
2008 Harper paperback of the 1965 adventure tale of a little boy who takes his wagon on a journey across town. I found this copy today in the 38th Ave. Little Free Library. I read this years ago, and loved it. So I decided to give it another browse.

Edit July 28, 2021: This really is a terrific story. I did skim for time this time around, but I caught some of the charming moments that makes this such a terrific read, for anybody who takes the time. It builds suspense, with lots of foreshadowing, and comes to a fabulous action conclusion, which makes all the build-up worth the investment that the reader puts into the early pages. And all along the way, it is just such a wondrous child's retrospective view. This book always will hold a warm place in my heart, even from just the brilliant title alone. I currently have this ranked at #175 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (7/29/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library at 1036 Sunnyhills Road in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.