Happy International BookCrossing Day!
It's a special day for BookCrossing and we hope you'll make it a good one. Ballycumber just posted a short message in the Announcements forum, you can read it here.

Fahrenheit 451

by Ray Bradbury | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 143914267X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingjudygreeneyeswing of San Diego, California USA on 12/31/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingjudygreeneyeswing from San Diego, California USA on Sunday, December 31, 2023
"Nothing links person to person like the frequent passage from hand to hand of a good book."

This is considered by many to be Bradbury's finest book. I love it, but many of his others are more my taste. The story is set in the near future, when books are illegal. They aren't illegal to own, just illegal to read. Bradbury took his inspiration from the Nazi book burnings. The book's use in schools has been banned frequently due to graphic imagery of anarchy, drug use, and suicide, and because it teaches children about the world. It's fairly bizarre that a book about censorship has been censored. Many communities hold banned book reading events, and this book is a popular choice for those. Ray Bradbury was an exceptional author. I think I've read pretty much everything he ever wrote. Maybe it's time to start over. Some quotes:

"I was warped early by Ray Bradbury... As a young teenager, I devoured Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451."
Margaret Atwood

"Without Ray Bradbury, there would be no Stephen King." Stephen King

"I can imagine all kinds of worlds and places, but I cannot imagine a world without Bradbury." Neil Gaiman

"His gift for storytelling reshaped our culture and expanded our world... Ray also understood that our imaginations could be used as a tool for better understanding, a vehicle for change, and an expression of our most cherished values." President Barack Obama

A wandering book -- the karma of literature!