Longstone

by L. J. Ross | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1912310104 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingengelsmanwing of Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 7/2/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingengelsmanwing from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, July 2, 2021

Between the devil and the deep blue sea . . .

Viking treasure is discovered beneath the icy waters of the North Sea and local historian Doctor Anna Taylor is called in to help catalogue the most exciting hoard in living memory. But when a shipwreck diver washes up dead, she's soon out of her depth. Luckily, she knows just the person to call . . .

When DCI Ryan arrives at the picturesque fishing town of Seahouses, he's faced with an impenetrable wall of secrets and lies. As he juggles marine archaeology and the cutthroat world of shipwreck diving, another murder blows the case wide open. To uncover the truth, Ryan must delve deeper into the hearts of those around him to find what lies beneath . . .

Murder and mystery are peppered with romance and humour in this fast-paced crime whodunnit set amidst the spectacular Northumbrian landscape.

I stumbled across this series of books by accident. I was intrigued by the first book Holy Island with murders on Lindisfarne, and then with Sycamore Gap, set on Hadrian's Wall. Obviously I'm hooked because Longstone is the tenth in the series . . .

I grew up in the North East so apart from the serial killers these books are all very familiar and nostalgic and I'm waiting for Beamish or Gibside . . .