Dead Man's Blues

by Ray Celestin | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Passeur-X of Strasbourg, Alsace France on 6/22/2021
Journal Entry 1 by Passeur-X from Strasbourg, Alsace France on Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Chicago, 1928. In the stifling summer heat three investigations begin...
Pinkerton detectives Michael Talbot and Ida Davis are hired to locate a missing heiress. But it proves harder than expected to find a woman known across the city.
After being called to a gruesome murder in Chicago's vioent Black Belt, crime-scene photographer Jacob Russo can't get the dead man's image out of his head, and decides to track down the culprit himself.
And with a group of city leaders poisoned at the Ritz, Danre Sanfelippo - rum-runner and fixer - is called in by Al Capone to discover whether someone is trying to bring down his empire.
As the three parties edge closer to the truth, their paths will cross and their lives will be threatened. But will any of them find the answers they need in the city of blues, booze and brutality ?
(back cover)

Journal Entry 2 by Passeur-X at MBC Strasbourg in Strasbourg, Alsace France on Saturday, September 25, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/26/2021 UTC) at MBC Strasbourg in Strasbourg, Alsace France

Looking for new readers.

Journal Entry 3 by wingover-the-moonwing at Strasbourg, Alsace France on Sunday, September 26, 2021
Oh la la, Passeur-X est très persuasif ! Encore un pour ma pile!

Journal Entry 4 by wingover-the-moonwing at Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Saturday, October 9, 2021
I read the author notes at the end, he says he wanted the structure of the book to follow the structure of West End Blues. To my mind, that kind of thing never works. But I still needed to listen to the music:
I think I only have one Louis Armstrong CD, where he is singing with Ella Fitzgerald. Interesting to know that his gravelly voice was left to him after a cold (not through smoking!)

Journal Entry 5 by wingover-the-moonwing at Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Saturday, October 9, 2021
A very rich and eventful thriller set in Chicago during the Prohibition, much more emotional than any other thriller I've ever read, full of blood and guts and gore, bodies ripped apart and gouged-out eyeballs and understated passion

I cried, but only for the dog.

This is the second in a four-book series; the other three are now on my wishlist - the last one to be published in November.