Handling Sin

by Michael Malone | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 9/22/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 22, 2021
On the Ides of March, our hero, Raleigh Whittier Hayes (forgetful husband, baffled father, prosperous insurance agent and leading citizen of Thermopylae, North Carolina), learns that his father has discharged himself from the hospital, taken all his money out of the bank and, with a young black female mental patient, vanished in a yellow Cadillac convertible. Left behind is a mysterious list of seven outrageous tasks that Raleigh must perform in order to rescue his father and his inheritance.

And so Raleigh and fat Mingo Sheffield (his irrepressibly loyal friend) set off on an uproarious contemporary treasure hunt through a landscape of unforgettable characters, falling into adventures worthy of Tom Jones and Huck Finn. A moving parable of human love and redemption, Handling Sin is Michael Malone's comic masterpiece.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Thursday, September 23, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/23/2021 UTC) at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ Deco Free Book Drop (Little Free Library #35995) @ W Hargett St & S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC. (Latitude: 35°46'41.6"N, Longitude: 78°38'24.4"W) #raleighspace #BookCrossing http://bit.do/DecoFreeBookDrop