The Whitney I Knew

by BeBe Winans | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 161795084X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 9/20/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, September 20, 2021
A virtual album of BeBe Winans' treasured memories of his friend and "sister," Whitney Houston.

In the years between the first time BeBe Winans and Whitney Houston met in 1985, to the day he delivered the tribute that touched a watching nation at Houston's funeral, a deep and unique friendship bloomed and thrived. They considered each other family in the truest sense of the word.

Now this very personal collection of remembrances offers us a seat at the table during Whitney's most unguarded moments. Here we see her in all her quirky, passionate, fiercely loyal glory though the eyes of her "brother", BeBe.

For most of her public life, Whitney Houston was a mystery. In The Whitney I Knew, Winans has given us a wonderful gift---the gift of understanding. From profoundly moving personal moments to eye-opening accounts of triumph to the heartbreaking realities that led to her ultimate defeat, the untold stories are intimately woven throughout this book---along with online video links to behind-the-scenes moments, highlights of her career, and never-before-seen video of Whitney. Also included is an extensive photo section from BeBe's personal collection.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Thursday, September 23, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/23/2021 UTC) at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ Deco Free Book Drop (Little Free Library #35995) @ W Hargett St & S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC. (Latitude: 35°46'41.6"N, Longitude: 78°38'24.4"W) #raleighspace #BookCrossing http://bit.do/DecoFreeBookDrop