The Victory Garden

by Lee Kochenderfer | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 6/17/2021
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 17, 2021
I have had this book sitting around for years, Ive read it a couple of times, but I guess I never did register it!

I've thought that this book would be good to leave at a community garden sometime, and I think an opportunity to do so might be coming up this weekend, which is what prompted me to get it out and make sure it was all ready to go.

I like history and I have kind of a special interest in WWII era history, so I enjoyed this book about the life of children in the US during the war. It's not a perspective that I've encountered many times. I hope its future readers will enjoy it as well.

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Bruce Botanical Food Garden in Ripley, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (6/23/2021 UTC) at Bruce Botanical Food Garden in Ripley, Ontario Canada

My husband and I are completing the Huron-Kinloss Ice Cream Trail tonight, including the Ripley mini scavenger hunt, which brought us to this garden where I wanted to leave this book. When we got there we were excited to find the perfect bench on which to leave this book! I put it in a protective bag before leaving it behind.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of the 2021 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge. Ripley was Town #13 for me!