Pietr the Latvian

by Georges Simenon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 6/13/2021
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Sunday, June 13, 2021
2013 Penguin trade paperback English translation of the 1930 first Maigret novel. I found this copy today in the Maybelle Little Free Library.

Edit June 25, 2021: This was okay, but I just skimmed to end for time. It is a short little book, and an easy read, and I gave it a good go for the early part, which introduced the characters and situation very well, as an offbeat mystery thriller. So off the cuff I would say that it is a great introduction to the series. I currently have this ranked at #1560 on my ranked list of best-read books lately. Ironically, it would have scored higher, if it had been a bit longer. But I don't want to cheat my algorithm too much, so shorter books like this get unfairly penalized a bit, in the sea of short stories and novelettes and novellas. Aside from that, this pristine, modern copy is in excellent condition for the next reader.

Released 1 mo ago (6/25/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library at 3318 Guido St. in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Aside from loving shared books, my main passion in life is supporting the human rights work of my good friend, Anni Cyrus. đź’– đź’– Her life story of survival as a childhood refugee is astounding, and quite moving!

Please look her up on Google, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.