The Dogs of Littlefield

by Suzanne Berne | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/9/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, June 9, 2021
I found this hardcover in this Little Free Library in Burlington MA while dropping off some books of my own. [As shown in the photo, a wild turkey was very interested in the proceedings!]

I chose the book for its handsome cover, without realizing what the X's on some of the dogs meant - turns out the story is about a series of animal poisonings in a (fictional) Massachusetts town. Described as "suspenseful, wildly funny, and quietly devastating", it really isn't what I'd expected at all. (I have a very low tolerance for animal-cruelty in a book, so I admit I wasn't inclined to delve deeply into this one; I did peek at the ending and found it quite disturbing in its own right, ambiguous as it might be.) Will pass this one along unfinished, and see if a future finder gets more out of it than I could!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, South St. in Milford, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, June 12, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (6/12/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library, South St. in Milford, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2021 Allergic to A challenge. ***