Oracle Bones, Stars, and Wheelbarrows

by Frank Ross | Science |
ISBN: 0395320836 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 6/7/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 7, 2021
Parts of this were interesting and others were rather dry. It was discouraging to realize how many innovations came about due to warfare. Also, women were basically completely absent from this work. I believe there was one passing mention of them as consumers of silk and that was it. A few interesting tidbits in here, but nothing overly special. The tone was more encyclopedic than narrative.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, September 18, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/18/2021 UTC) at RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

I'm sending a box of surprise RABCKs that I thought you might enjoy. As always, no pressure to read them if they are not for you... do as you please with them! I thought there was a chance you might like to "geek out" with this one. ;-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, September 25, 2021
The box of books arrived safely today - a lovely surprise; many thanks! From the title I assumed it was something New-Age-ish, but the subtitle clarifies things: "Ancient Chinese Science and Technology"