The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek

by Kim Michele Richardson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bookfrogster of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 6/2/2021
Journal Entry 1 by bookfrogster from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 2, 2021
I picked this up second hand. It was really interesting to learn more about the "blue people" of Kentucky whom I'd vaguely heard about, and also to learn about the Packhorse Library Project. The way Cussy and her family were treated by people got me down, so I'm glad it ended on a hopeful note.

Journal Entry 2 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (6/3/2021 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to Poodlesister as part of the Wishlist Tag Game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 5, 2021
Thanks for the tag and the lovely postcard of Edinburgh. I want to come up again soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
What a gripping story, with lots of great characters (including Junia)

Released 3 mos ago (7/14/2021 UTC) at RABCK (Royal Mail), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to Yogiberri

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 1st-3rd October 2021

Journal Entry 6 by Yogiberri at Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, July 25, 2021
This looks fascinatingly quirky, just my kind of read - thank you xx

Journal Entry 7 by Yogiberri at Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Released 4 wks ago (9/22/2021 UTC) at Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex United Kingdom

Going back to the poodlesister - I have to say I found this book just too dark and depressing to read. Made a valiant attempt though and got 1/3 of the way through....

Journal Entry 8 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, September 24, 2021
The book is back with me. It arrived with a few other books and an interesting mushroom and pepper condiment. Thanks very much.

Released 3 wks ago (9/27/2021 UTC) at Holiday Gift Giving, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A wishlist book going to dacejav as part of Holiday Gift Giving 2021