The Virgin in the Garden

by A. S. Byatt | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0307819531 Global Overview for this book
Registered by spy-there of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 5/21/2021
Journal Entry 1 by spy-there from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, May 21, 2021
I've read The Children's Book by this author and am curious

Journal Entry 2 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
As much as I loved The Children's Book - I couldn't get into this one. Although it looks like a multilyered, rich, artfully crafted story, I was not really interested in the topic. Art of course, theatre, but especially Queen Elisabeth - that is, both Queens, Elisbeth I and Elisabeth II - from her coronation in 1953 to ... what ever, I didn't read far. It's very English. As I can see it is a brilliant book, but one should be interested into the Queens and their history, Shakespeare and playwrighting and life in the 50ties in England.

Journal Entry 3 by spy-there at Cool Books in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/19/2021 UTC) at Cool Books in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

in the fridge
-------------

Dear finder

Thank you for looking up Bookcrossing and entering the number. Please, kindly write a short journal entry, that you own the book now. You can do this anonymously, but it's much more fun if you'll become a member and write under your nick name. It's still anonymous, but you'll get a notification every time somebody writes a new entry. You are able to follow the book's voyage and read the opinions of other readers. Bookcrossing is fun, it's free and free of spam. Try it, it might change your life. Or at least your bookshelf ;)

happy reading