Hunting Elephants

by James Roy | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/17/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 17, 2021
This is one of the books I brought home from the red telephone box book exchange in Linton, near Wetherby on Friday while enjoying a drive out in the countryside to make the most of a sunny afternoon.

I don't know anything about it but for some reason was drawn to the title reference to Elephants . . .

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Well, I soon realised that I'm at least 60 years older than this novel's target readership, something I wasn't aware of when I brought it home, but I'm pleased to report that I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway . . . :-)

It centres on the adventures and discoveries of young Harry, over the weekend he spends in the wilds of Australia for his great uncle's fourth wedding, just under a year after the prolonged and painful death of his brother Joel.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Phone Box in Skelton on Ure, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 29, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (7/29/2021 UTC) at Phone Box in Skelton on Ure, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

We went for a countryside drive, touring four local phone boxes this afternoon. This is one of the books I swapped in Skelton on Ure.

Nearly two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over thirteen million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!