Fates and Furies

by Lauren Groff | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Genevalove of Lexington, Kentucky USA on 5/15/2021
Journal Entry 1 by Genevalove from Lexington, Kentucky USA on Saturday, May 15, 2021
I enjoyed Arcadia by this author, but I found this book very frustrating and there were many points where I almost put it down for good. The first half reminded me of one of those 20th century novels about a man who is special for his charisma and life force, but plagued by appetites and insecurity; his wife is a cipher. Then a little more than halfway through, the story changes course abruptly and, while becoming more psychologically complex, also grows increasingly unpleasant. I didn't like most of the people in this book, which wouldn't rule out liking the book, except in this case--I *really* didn't like it. Hopefully the next reader will enjoy it more!

Journal Entry 2 by Genevalove at Little Free Library on E High St in Lexington, Kentucky USA on Sunday, May 16, 2021

Released 4 wks ago (5/16/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library on E High St in Lexington, Kentucky USA

Left in a Little Free Library on our evening walk today