Under a Pole Star

by Stef Penney | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dolph1n of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 5/10/2021
Journal Entry 1 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 10, 2021
A whaler's daughter, Flora Mackie first crossed the Arctic Circle at the age of twelve, falling in love with the cold and unforgiving terrain and forging lifelong bonds with the Inuit people who have carved out an existence on its icy plains.

Journal Entry 2 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 10, 2021
I felt this book was longer than it needed to be. Most of it was very exciting but there were boring parts. The explicit sex was boring and unnecessary despite what the author says. It was interesting to read the views, of the time, towards women and towards the indigenous people.
Overall, I quite enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (5/11/2021 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending as a RABCK to Cassiopaeia.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, May 13, 2021
Thank Dolph1n, looking forward to getting reacquainted with Stef Penny's writing.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 13, 2021
I agree with dolph1n just a bit longer than necessary, however that didn't spoil the overall enjoyment of the read. I love how Penny can immerse herself so completely that the descriptions of the Arctic that the landscape really come to life. It's hard to believe that she has never been that far north.

Thanks dolph1n for sending this book to me.