DID MONKEYS INVENT THE MONKEY WRENCH?

by Vince Staten | Nonfiction |
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 5/4/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, May 04, 2021
Picked up this book for a GoodReads Genreland prompt (Monkeys). Was registering a bunch of books and decided to add this into the stack although I am still reading it.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 05, 2021
GenreLand's prompt for May is Monkeys. The last time I was shopping on Better World Books I plugged in "monkeys" as the search term. It brought up lots of kids' books and this title. I figured, "why not?"

Hardware stores remind me of my father and Saturday mornings spent watching This Old House. I like Mom and Pop ones best, like Winfield Hardware in this book. I also like Tru Valu and Ace locations because there's always something quirky about each one. I really hate going to the big name home improvement stores because you can't get decent service. So this was a good choice for me.

I enjoyed the book and the tongue-in-cheek presentation of the subject matter. And I learned a few things. Very few people had lawns until after the first lawnmowers were sold to the general public. I also finally understand the fundamentals of how batteries work.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Thursday, May 13, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (5/13/2021 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

This book is going to a local BCer to enjoy.

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqNutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, May 14, 2021
Thank U "6"for dropping this book off at my house and for joining me in an outdoor socially distanced lunch, social time, on a lovely spring day. Hopefully this pandemic, CV19 virus, will wear itself out sooner than later... and then we can have in person BC meet-ups, book festivals and just jolly good get togethers with all of our friends. ūüė∑