The Midnight Library

by Matt Haig | |
Registered by wingardachywing of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 4/26/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingardachywing from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, April 26, 2021
Purchased from Dial Lane Books, Ipswich.

Dial Lane Books, Ipswich

Journal Entry 2 by wingardachywing at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 05, 2021
Another excellent read from Matt Haig. I am now adding him to my favourite authors list.

Journal Entry 3 by wingardachywing at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (5/6/2021 UTC) at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

I note this book is on Daffodil-2's Wishlist so I am posting it off to Norfolk.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Received in the post from Ardachy as a surprise RABCK from my wishlist. Thanks very much-I shall look forward to reading it, having read and enjoyed other titles by this author. Thanks also for the personalised bookcrossing labels. You are, as always, very generous.

Journal Entry 5 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, June 10, 2021
REVIEW:-"I did really enjoy this book and thought I'd guessed the likely moral/ending of the story early on. However I thought it a bit unfair that Nora was expected to enter and live different versions of her life without any background information to go on. I applauded Nora for being able to jump in and improvise nevertheless. Not a thing I'd be able to do I fear. I found the following passage very profound "and we spend so much time wishing our lives were different, comparing ourselves to other people and to other versions of ourselves, when really most lives contain degrees of good and degrees of bad".
As the story went on I found it hard to believe that Nora would actually want to try out so many different lives necessitating her telling many lies and bluff her way through things, which must have been very stressful. Thinking about multi-universes and everyone having an infinitesimal amount of lives occurring simultaneously was very confusing and scary to me and I'm nor at all keen on the idea of my other selves blithely co-existing with (and without) me. It all made me feel very emotional at times. I enjoyed all the events at the Midnight Library and the fact that the Librarian was so kind to Nora. Matt Haig is certainly very interested in time-related subjects and the book certainly wasn't boring."
Reserved until I find another good home for the book.