After Midnight

by Susan Sallis | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/26/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 26, 2021
I brought this home from the book-sharing cabinet on Marina Way in Ripon while on a book-swapping drive out into the countryside in the Spring sunshine. It was my first visit to this well-stocked little library.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 5, 2021
A complicated extended family saga with a cast of thousands . . . I'd probably have enjoyed it more if I'd ever worked out who was related to who - or, more importantly, who wasn't related to who . . . and the family tree at the beginning didn't help as much as it should . . . and many of the names were confusingly similar to each other e.g. Perry/Percy, Edmund/Edward/Ted, Hattie/Hessie . . .

Released 1 mo ago (7/29/2021 UTC) at Phone Box Book Exchange in Langthorpe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

We went for a countryside drive, touring four local phone boxes this afternoon. This is one of the books I swapped in Langthorpe.

Nearly two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over thirteen million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!