Shiver

by Nikki Gemmell | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by xtrdnry of Parkdale, Victoria Australia on 4/15/2021
Journal Entry 1 by xtrdnry from Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Thursday, April 15, 2021
"I can catalogue Antarctica by touch. The touch of air sucked dry on my cheek, the fur of a day-old seal pup, the touch of an iceberg, a blizzard, a lover, the touch of sweat at minus twenty-three, of a camera stuck to the skin on my face, of cold like glass cutting into my skin, of a snowflake, of a dead man, of a doctor's fingers on my inner thigh, of a tongue on my eye."

This is the story of Fin, a young woman who gets the chance of a lifetime to go to Antarctica.

Surrounded by the cruel beauty of the last great wilderness on earth, she finds herself transfixed by the power of the land.

Travelling and living with a close-knit and idiosyncratic team, Fin learns the rules and taboos of community life in Antarctica, and then promptly breaks the strictest taboo of all - she falls in love. The consequences are shattering.

Journal Entry 2 by xtrdnry at The Fat Cup Cafe in Blackburn, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (5/5/2021 UTC) at The Fat Cup Cafe in Blackburn, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Monday, May 10, 2021
Caught today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Greensborough Plaza in Greensborough, Victoria Australia on Friday, May 21, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (5/27/2021 UTC) at Greensborough Plaza in Greensborough, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.