The Vanishing Point

by Mary Sharratt | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingtigergirlnzwing of Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on 4/7/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingtigergirlnzwing from Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Wednesday, April 07, 2021
Bright and inquisitive, Hannah Powers was raised by a father who treated her as if she were his son. While her beautiful and reckless sister, May, pushes the limits of propriety in their small English town, Hannah harbors her own secret: their father has given her an education forbidden to women. But Hannah’s secret serves her well when she journeys to colonial Maryland to reunite with May, who has been married off to a distant cousin after her sexual misadventures ruined her marriage prospects in England.

As Hannah searches for May, who has disappeared, she finds herself falling in love with her brother-in-law. Alone in a wild, uncultivated land where the old rules no longer apply, Hannah is freed from the constraints of the society that judged both her and May as dangerous — too smart, too fearless, and too hungry for life. But Hannah is also plagued by doubt, as her quest for answers to May’s fate grows ever more disturbing and tangled.

FINDER OF THIS BOOK:
Please post a comment to let us know you've found this book (you can do it anonymously, or, join up, this is fun!). Enjoy reading it, then if you can, please journal your thoughts on it here. Then, unless you want to keep it, please re-release it for others to find. You can be as inventive as you like about this! The information here on www.bookcrossing.com will give you all the information you need to help this book keep travelling around the world. Thank you dear finder :D

Released 3 wks ago (4/16/2021 UTC) at An NSS giftee Virtual Uncon 2021, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

A wishlist book for my NSS giftee, for the Virtual Uncon 2021. Please enjoy dear Jean-Sol :D

Journal Entry 3 by wingJean-Solwing at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 23, 2021
My NSS book parcel has arrived, one day after the letter from tigergirlnz! Thank for being so thoughtful and going through my wishlist! This book has been eluding me for years so it is such a wonderful surprise. I am looking forward to reading it and passing it on to my fellow Melbourne BCers.