How it Works: The Student

by Jason Hazeley | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/5/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, April 05, 2021
I got this slim UK-edition hardcover from Better World Books. It's from a series of humorous takes on books-of-advice, in the form of books for children. I really like the dry humor and the ways in which the public-domain illustrations are used to inspire the text.

This one includes a page about a student's display of a library of well-used books - and then notes that "a book can also be made to look well read by washing it". {snerk!}

For nostalgia points, my favorite pages are 32-33, which show images of old 80-column and 96-column keypunch machines and card-sorters, all of which I used extensively in college and through my first job.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, City Hall in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/13/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library, City Hall in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library beside City Hall, while checking up on the conditions of some of the town LFLs. Hope someone enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]