Watching You

by Lisa Jewell | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1501190083 Global Overview for this book
Registered by LindyLouMac of Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on 4/5/2021
Journal Entry 1 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, April 5, 2021
NB. My copy is a different edition cover and ISBN are different.
Goodreads Precis:
You’re back home after four years working abroad, new husband in tow.

You’re keen to find a place of your own. But for now you’re crashing in your big brother’s spare room.

That’s when you meet the man next door.

He’s the head teacher at the local school. Twice your age. Extraordinarily attractive. You find yourself watching him.

All the time.

But you never dreamed that your innocent crush might become a deadly obsession.

Or that someone is watching you.

Journal Entry 2 by LindyLouMac at Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 7, 2021
My Review : https://lindyloumacbookreviews.blogspot.com/2021/04/she-was-gone-by-lisa-jewell-paperback.html

As this is the sixth book, I have read by Lisa Jewell one can safely say I am a fan of her writing. The last two were for Book Club, having enjoyed them I purchased ‘Watching You’ as part of a Penguin Book Pack Deal last year, now I need to catch up and read her more recent novels.

‘Watching You ’has a great plot with relatable characters. At times though it did feel like there were just too many convenient coincidences, but then it would not have made the intriguing tale it did without them, so enjoy for what it is entertaining fiction.

The theme of ‘Being Watched’ is what for me makes this a psychological thriller and not just another crime novel. The inevitable dead body is found right at the start of the story. We are then led in an intriguing way through the days prior to the body being found. There are several main characters, but the plot is really centred on just one, Joey Mullen who lives with her husband, brother and sister-in-law in a respectable Bristol suburb.

Certainly, recommended to anyone that enjoys a contemporary psychological thriller, a quick read because you will not want to put it down, as it keeps you guessing right until the end.

Journal Entry 3 by LindyLouMac at Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, April 25, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (4/25/2021 UTC) at Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom

Passing title on to a friend and neighbour. Enjoy your travels book.
Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up or anything to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - LindyLouMac - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading