Felix the Railway Cat

by Kate Moore | Pets & Animals | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/23/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 23, 2021
When Felix arrived at Huddersfield Railway Station as an eight-week-old kitten, no one knew just how important this little ball of fluff would become. Although she has a vital job to do as 'Senior Pest Controller', Felix is much more than just an employee of TransPennine Express. For her colleagues and the station's commuters, Felix has changed their lives in surprising ways.

Felix seems to have a remarkable ability to save the day time and again: from bringing a boy with autism out of his shell to providing comfort to a runaway child shivering on the platform one night. So when tragedy hits the team at Huddersfield, they rely on Felix to pull them together again. But it's a chance friendship with a commuter that she waits for on the platform every morning that finally gives Felix the recognition she deserves, catapulting her to international stardom...

I have to say that when I started reading this thought it wasn't going to be for me. The narration was simplistic, a bit repetitive at times & the overall feel was a bit cutesy but it was so hard not to be charmed by Felix & her antics. The writing style made it an easy & quick read & I think even people who are not particularly cat lovers would be captivated by Felix.

A delightful story...& as a Huddersfield lass, I must admit by the end I did feel a sense of pride welling up that Felix is our cat :o)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Book Box, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 10, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (9/10/2021 UTC) at Book Box, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Added to Poodlesister's "Non-fiction Bookbox"

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, November 19, 2021
Taken from the Non-Fiction Bookbox.

Released 1 mo ago (11/27/2021 UTC) at Blackhorse Road Station Bookshelves 📚 in Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

Felix is going to a different railway station.