The Daylight Gate

by Jeanette Winterson | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0802193021 Global Overview for this book
Registered by dolph1n of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 3/13/2021
Journal Entry 1 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 13, 2021
I treated myself to this. It has been on my wishlist for ages

Journal Entry 2 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 11, 2021
A mysterious gathering of thirteen people is interrupted by local magistrate, Roger Nowell.
Is this a witches' Sabbat?
Two notorious Lancashire witches are already in Lancaster Castle waiting trial. Why is the beautiful and wealthy Alice Nutter defending them? And why is she among the group of thirteen on Pendle Hill?
Elsewhere, a starved, abused child lurks. And a Jesuit priest and former Gunpowder plotter, recently returned from France, is widely rumoured to be heading for Lancashire. But who will offer him sanctuary? And how quickly can he be caught?

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 11, 2021
A mix of history and fiction and a good mix it is. I have walked on Pendle Hill and the surrounding area so I really enjoyed this. There's quite graphic detail of the sex and the torture. Not for the squeamish.

Journal Entry 4 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 15, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/15/2021 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

On its way to Plum-crazy

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2021
Oh er....not for the squeamish eh? Good job I like a bit of gore! 😉