The Chicken Sisters

by KJ Dell'Antonia | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Ninas_BookNook of Yorktown, Virginia USA on 3/3/2021
Journal Entry 1 by Ninas_BookNook from Yorktown, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 03, 2021
Goodreads summary:
Three generations. Two chicken shacks. One recipe for disaster.

In tiny Merinac, Kansas, Chicken Mimi's and Chicken Frannie's have spent a century vying to serve up the best fried chicken in the state--and the legendary feud between their respective owners, the Moores and the Pogociellos, has lasted just as long. No one feels the impact more than thirty-five-year-old widow Amanda Moore, who grew up working for her mom at Mimi's before scandalously marrying Frank Pogociello and changing sides to work at Frannie's. Tired of being caught in the middle, Amanda sends an SOS to Food Wars, the reality TV restaurant competition that promises $100,000 to the winner. But in doing so, she launches both families out of the frying pan and directly into the fire. . .

The last thing Brooklyn-based organizational guru Mae Moore, Amanda's sister, wants is to go home to Kansas. But when her career implodes, Food Wars becomes her chance to step back into the limelight. Mae is certain she can make the fading Mimi's look good--even if that pits her against Amanda and Frannie's. With a greedy producer stoking the flames, their friendly rivalry quickly turns into a game of chicken. Yet when family secrets become public knowledge, the sisters must choose: Will they fight with each other, or for their heritage?

Journal Entry 2 by Ninas_BookNook at Nina's Book Nook Little Free Library in Yorktown, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/3/2021 UTC) at Nina's Book Nook Little Free Library in Yorktown, Virginia USA

I'm releasing this book into my LFL in hopes that someone else will enjoy it. I read if for my Wine & Words Book Club and liked it but didn't love it.
I'm counting it as a release for the Don't Judge A Book Release Challenge (week 9 - authors with 3-word names).