The Manticore

by Robertson Davies | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 2/24/2021
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
1983 Penguin paperback of the 1972 entry in the Deptford trilogy, about a monster with the head of a man, the body of a lion, and the tail of a scorpion. I found this copy last week in the Maybelle Little Free Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1951 Tempest-Tost (Salterton trilogy book 1) [n/a]
1954 Leaven of Malice [read 2021]
1958 A Mixture of Frailties [n/a]
1970 Fifth Business [n/a]

Edit February 27, 2021: So I skimmed this, and it seems to be one long psychiatry session, perhaps. I don't know, it is one of those books that a person has to take the time to carefully figure out what is going on, but I just skimmed to end for time, because it would probably just annoy me beyond that. I currently have this ranked at #1680 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (2/28/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library at 1036 Sunnyhills Road in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Aside from loving shared books, my main passion in life is supporting the human rights work of my good friend, Anni Cyrus. đź’– đź’– Her life story of survival as a childhood refugee is astounding, and quite moving!

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.