By the Pricking of My Thumbs

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingLittleSuzwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/16/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Different edition to that shown. This copy is dated 1971 and has a spooky cracked doll on the cover.

I've never been that bothered by the Tommy and Tuppence novels before, but this was fun to read. There were lots of red herrings, and plenty of drama along the way. Tuppence has an intriguing conversation with the resident of a care home who later on seems to disappear. This leads her to launch an unconventional investigation, with many twists along the way. The climax was a touch ridiculous in my view, but I'll forgive Christie that as she really did surprise me with the outcome.

I picked this up second hand (unsurprisingly) and there was an old postcard inside showing the Italian Chapel in Orkney. I don't know how long it had been in there, so decided to let it stay.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 09, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/9/2021 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Popped over to Triggerfish's garden (a real treat in lockdown!) and left this.

Journal Entry 3 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 10, 2021
Looking forward to reading this. I love that it’s an old Fontana paperback, takes me back to my teens!