A Plague on Both Your Houses

by Susanna Gregory | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingdschinnywing of Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on 2/16/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingdschinnywing from Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Found it in an open bookcase in my neighbourhood.

"Matthew Bartholomew, unorthodox but effective physician to Michaelhouse college in medieval Cambridge, is as worried as anyone about the pestilence that is ravaging Europe and seems to be approaching England. But he is distracted by the sudden and inexplicable death of the Master of Michaelhouse - a death the University authorities do not want investigated.
But Matt is determined to get to the truth, leading him into a tangle of lies and intrigue that cause him to question the innocence of his closest friends - and even his family - just as the Black Death finally arrives..."

What a page turner! I really enjoyed the story even though some aspects are a bit close to home at the moment (pestilence - Covid...) If you like medieval crime stories, this one is for you ;-)

Reserved for Susammelsurium.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdschinnywing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Hamburg Germany on Monday, September 27, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/28/2021 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Hamburg Germany

Travels on to Susammelsurium.

Journal Entry 3 by Susammelsurium at Hamburg - Barmbek, Hamburg Germany on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Arrived safe and sound.

Update, 11. 10. 2021: Nigh on perfect for a long train journey, but I found the plot not very plausible and had trouble warming up to the main character. I don't think I'll continue with this series.