The Quilter's Apprentice

by Jennifer Chiaverini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Charlieshack of Pendleton, Oregon USA on 2/14/2021
Journal Entry 1 by Charlieshack from Pendleton, Oregon USA on Sunday, February 14, 2021
I found this at our little free library up the street. I will save it for my daughter!

Journal Entry 2 by Charlieshack at Pendleton, Oregon USA on Sunday, February 14, 2021
I found this book at our little free library up the street. I loved it. As my daughter, said these are cozy books! I loved how the understanding and patience brought these woman closer as friends. When life gives you problems, you can turn things around for the good with positive thinking and positive actions! I am saving this for my daughter, Elizardbreath to read!

Journal Entry 3 by wingelizardbreathwing at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Thanks so much! I bet I'll enjoy this read!

Released 1 yr ago (9/10/2021 UTC) at A BIRTHDAY GROUP SURPRISE RABCK!!!🎈, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

I'm pretty sure I read this years back so I'm sending it on to BOOKWORMINUSALL who has this on her wishlist. Happy Birthday, friend!

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
THANK YOU, elizardbreath ❤❌⭕...for sending your thoughtful selection of “The Quilter's Apprentice” as part of the 2021 Birthday Group https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/10/571674 , which has actually been on my “Granted Wishes” Wishlist for quite sometime now...this is my third copy now, so if I don't read it again, it will DEFinitely be used to fulfill the Wishlist of another BCer, as I've not been doing Wild Releases near as much as Controlled Releases, which seem to offer better option for the excitement of future Journal Entries for both the originating and subsequent BCers than “releasing” books at Goodwill, which I personally don't consider a proper release location for any Bookcrossing Books.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Inspired by Plum-crazy's THE WHAT TO READ THEME FOR APRIL
https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/6/580486 , I'll be rereading this in honor of 💙💛UKRAINE💙💛, and thereafter filling a BCer Wishlist, so it can continue its Journey. This one seemed very fitting, and reminds me of stories about the Ukrainian volunteers tearing cloth into strips to make camouflage in the earliest days of this war. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK9rbyMX5q0

From Amazon...

Jennifer Chiaverini’s bestselling Elm Creek Quilts series starts with The Quilter’s Apprentice, a timeless tale of family, friendship, and forgiveness as two women weave the disparate pieces of their lives into a bountiful and harmonious whole, and begin the legacy of the Elm Street Quilters.

When Sarah McClure and her husband, Matt, move to Waterford, Pennsylvania, she hopes to make a fresh start in the small college town. Unable to find a job both practical and fulfilling, she takes a temporary position at Elm Creek Manor helping its reclusive owner Sylvia Compson prepare her family estate for sale and after the death of her estranged sister. Sylvia is also a master quilter and, as part of Sarah’s compensation, offers to share the secrets of her creative gifts with the younger woman.

During their lessons, the intricate, varied threads of Sylvia’s life begin to emerge. It is the story of a young wife living through the hardships and agonies of the World War II home front; of a family torn apart by jealousy and betrayal; of misunderstanding, loss, and a tragedy that can never be undone. As the bond between them deepens, Sarah resolves to help Sylvia free herself from remembered sorrows and restore her life—and her home—to its former glory. In the process, she confronts painful truths about her own family, even as she creates new dreams for the future.

Just as the darker sections of a quilt can enhance the brighter ones, the mistakes of the past can strengthen understanding and lead the way to new beginnings. A powerful debut by a gifted storyteller, The Quilter’s Apprentice tells a timeless tale of family, friendship, and forgiveness as two women weave the disparate pieces of their lives into a bountiful and harmonious whole.