Clash of the Titans

by Alan Dean Foster, Beverly Cross | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 2/8/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, February 08, 2021
I found this softcover at a local Savers thrift shop, and nabbed it for another release copy. It's a novelization (with stills from the movie) of the 1981 film, which I enjoyed despite the many, many liberties it took with the Greek myths it was allegedly based on. (I did NOT enjoy the 2010 remake very much; it messed up the mythology even more, but did not contain any of the cheesy fun of the earlier movie.)

This novelization is actually quite good, presenting the movie's storyline while adding little scenes here and there that enhance the story. We get more internal monologues - from the gods, of course, and even from a bored Pegasus {wry grin}. Good fun!

[There's a TV Tropes page on the film.]

Released 1 mo ago (2/28/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library, 30 Berkeley St. in Arlington, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in a new-to-me Little Free Library while visiting LFLs in Lexington and Arlington; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2021 Heads Shoulders Knees Toes challenge, for the embedded "lash" in the title. *** ]

*** Released for the 2021 Movie challenge. ***