Beyond the Rice Fields

by Naivo | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1632061317 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winghobbitwing of Poughkeepsie, New York USA on 2/1/2021
Journal Entry 1 by winghobbitwing from Poughkeepsie, New York USA on Monday, February 01, 2021
The twin narratives of a slave and his master's daughter reveal the upheavals of Madagascar's past as it confronted Christianity and modernity. This was written in French and is the first novel from Madagascar to be translated into English.

Journal Entry 2 by winghobbitwing at Poughkeepsie, New York USA on Friday, March 05, 2021
This was well written and translated but I got a bit lost in the last part of the book. I didn't really understand what was happening or why - probably mainly a disconnect between me and assumed history / knowledge of the country and culture.

Journal Entry 3 by winghobbitwing at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, March 05, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/5/2021 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending in trade for another book. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by dicentragirl at Leavenworth, Washington USA on Monday, March 08, 2021
I already have Madagascar for my world challenge, so I might save this one for the next challenge. Thank you for the trade and lovely bookmark.