The Crossing

by LUÍS CARDOSO | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghobbitwing of Poughkeepsie, New York USA on 1/31/2021
Journal Entry 1 by winghobbitwing from Poughkeepsie, New York USA on Sunday, January 31, 2021
A memoir of growing up in East Timor among a people and culture struggling to form their own identity under successive waves of colonialism.

I'm looking forward to reading this and getting some better insight into East Timor, which I visited in 2013.

Journal Entry 2 by winghobbitwing at Poughkeepsie, New York USA on Monday, February 08, 2021
Hmmm, I had a bit of trouble relating to this but it did give a bit more insight into the political background of this beautiful but poor place.

I'm counting this for the 666 Around the World Reading Challenge, for East Timor, which is classified in the Asian Continent, and also for L in the A-Z Authors Reading Challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by winghobbitwing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, Florida USA on Friday, March 05, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/5/2021 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, Florida USA

Sending in trade for a book from another interesting place.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 09, 2021
Thank you for sharing this book with me. It arrived yesterday but I did not get home till late. I am looking forward to reading it. Thank you also for the goodies within the book.