Blood Sisters

by Jane Corry | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0241976723 Global Overview for this book
Registered by LindyLouMac of Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on 1/26/2021
Journal Entry 1 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 26, 2021
GoodReads Precis

Three little girls set off to school one sunny May morning. Within an hour, one of them is dead.

Fifteen years later, Alison and Kitty are living separate lives. Kitty lives in a care home. She can't speak, and she has no memory of the accident that put her here or her life before it. Art teacher Alison looks fine on the surface. But the surface is a lie. When a job in a prison comes up she decides to take it—this is her chance to finally make things right. But someone is watching Kitty and Alison. Someone who wants revenge for what happened that day.

And only another life will do...

Journal Entry 2 by LindyLouMac at Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 26, 2021
My Review

It took a while for me to get into this novel as at first it is such a slower burner. Thankfully, I persevered as this psychologically complex story about two sisters, Alison and Kitty, turns out to have some dramatic twists.

Alison the older sister emotionally scarred and full of overwhelming guilt, that her sister Kitty has been left severely disabled after an accident and living in a nursing home, whilst she lives a normal life. The fact that one of the protagonists relating the story is unable to speak, though knows what is going on in her mind is certainly a different approach. One that made me realise just how difficult life can be for those that have difficulty communicating within society.

With its unique storyline, if you are a fan of psychological thrillers this title is worth adding to your wish list.

Released 1 yr ago (2/1/2021 UTC) at Friend in And Eager Reader!, A Potential Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up or anything to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - LindyLouMac - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading