Ghana Must Go

by Taiye Selasi | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingsakirmowing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 1/26/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingsakirmowing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Ordered from BWB

Journal Entry 2 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (1/26/2021 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Going to a sweepstakes winner. Enjoy :)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 3 by Ninas_BookNook at Yorktown, Virginia USA on Tuesday, February 02, 2021
I received this book in the mail ordered by sakirmo and apparently I'm either the sweepstakes winner or the decoy for the Global Sweeps Round 7 (https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/10/572250)! I love reading about other countries and the Goodreads summary sounds very interesting:

Kweku Sai is dead. A renowned surgeon and failed husband, he succumbs suddenly at dawn outside his home in suburban Accra. The news of Kweku’s death sends a ripple around the world, bringing together the family he abandoned years before. Ghana Must Go is their story. Electric, exhilarating, beautifully crafted, Ghana Must Go is a testament to the transformative power of unconditional love, from a debut novelist of extraordinary talent.

Moving with great elegance through time and place, Ghana Must Go charts the Sais’ circuitous journey to one another. In the wake of Kweku’s death, his children gather in Ghana at their enigmatic mother’s new home. The eldest son and his wife; the mysterious, beautiful twins; the baby sister, now a young woman: each carries secrets of his own. What is revealed in their coming together is the story of how they came apart: the hearts broken, the lies told, the crimes committed in the name of love. Splintered, alone, each navigates his pain, believing that what has been lost can never be recovered—until, in Ghana, a new way forward, a new family, begins to emerge.

Ghana Must Go is at once a portrait of a modern family, and an exploration of the importance of where we come from to who we are. In a sweeping narrative that takes us from Accra to Lagos to London to New York, Ghana Must Go teaches that the truths we speak can heal the wounds we hide.

I will assign this book a prime spot on my (rather large) TBR pile.