Beautiful Boy

by David Sheff | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingmattandmandy75wing of Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on 7/21/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingmattandmandy75wing from Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, July 21, 2021
What had happened to my beautiful boy? To our family? What did I do wrong? Those are the wrenching questions that haunted David Sheff's journey through his son Nic's addiction to drugs and tentative steps toward recovery. Before Nic became addicted to crystal meth, he was a charming boy, joyous and funny, a varsity athlete and honor student adored by his two younger siblings. After meth, he was a trembling wraith who lied, stole, and lived on the streets. David Sheff traces the first warning signs: the denial, the three a.m. phone calls--is it Nic? the police? the hospital? His preoccupation with Nic became an addiction in itself. But as a journalist, he instinctively researched every treatment that might save his son. And he refused to give up on Nic.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmattandmandy75wing at Clematis Book Exchange in Clematis, Victoria Australia on Thursday, July 29, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (7/29/2021 UTC) at Clematis Book Exchange in Clematis, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)