The Interestings

Well, hello there!
by Meg Wolitzer | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1101602031 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingmattandmandy75wing of Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on 7/5/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingmattandmandy75wing from Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Monday, July 5, 2021
The summer that Nixon resigns, six teenagers at a summer camp for the arts become inseparable. Decades later the bond remains powerful, but so much else has changed. In The Interestings, Wolitzer follows these characters from the height of youth through middle age, as their talents, fortunes, and degrees of satisfaction diverge.

The kind of creativity that is rewarded at age fifteen is not always enough to propel someone through life at age thirty; not everyone can sustain, in adulthood, what seemed so special in adolescence. Jules Jacobson, an aspiring comic actress, eventually resigns herself to a more practical occupation and lifestyle. Her friend Jonah, a gifted musician, stops playing the guitar and becomes an engineer. But Ethan and Ash, Jules's now-married best friends, become shockingly successful—true to their initial artistic dreams, with the wealth and access that allow those dreams to keep expanding. The friendships endure and even prosper, but also underscore the differences in their fates, in what their talents have become and the shapes their lives have taken.

Wide in scope, ambitious, and populated by complex characters who come together and apart in a changing New York City, The Interestings explores the meaning of talent; the nature of envy; the roles of class, art, money, and power; and how all of it can shift and tilt precipitously over the course of a friendship and a life.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmattandmandy75wing at Cube Cafe in Doncaster East, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (8/5/2021 UTC) at Cube Cafe in Doncaster East, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, August 5, 2021
Caught today at Cube Cafe.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 17, 2021
The story follows the lives of six adolescents who all believe they are destined for great things. This novel addresses a common dilemma; how does one make peace with ones shortcomings and make the best of an ordinary life.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmarmee463wing at Were Street Little Library in Montmorency, Victoria Australia on Sunday, August 29, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (8/31/2021 UTC) at Were Street Little Library in Montmorency, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.

Journal Entry 6 by Timezoneff at Montmorency, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 2, 2021
I found this book in the little street library on Were St. I will read it after I finish the book I’m currently reading.

Released 1 mo ago (10/15/2021 UTC) at Mountain View Road street library in Montmorency, Victoria Australia

Left in street library on mountain view road just before the intersection at sherbourne rd

Journal Entry 8 by Ejm78 at Montmorency, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Found at Mountain View Rd Little Library, I will release after I have read it!