Out on the Porch

Where's this book been?
by Clifton Dowell | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 5/9/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, May 9, 2021
I found this hardcover in this Little Free Library in Tewksbury MA while dropping off some books of my own. It includes photos of porches, from small, battered ones to grand wrap-around affairs, and has excerpts of comments from memoirs, novels, and other works. Many of the entries reminded me of porches from my own past - the one at my great-grandmother's house in Louisiana, which featured a metal "slider" that terrified me as a child, for fear I'd get a finger caught in the sliding mechanism; the screened-in porch at another house, where we could sit in safety from the mosquitoes while watching thunderstorms; a massive one at a hotel, with tables set for afternoon tea on lovely afternoons...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Ivangile Rd in Salem, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, June 19, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (6/20/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library, Ivangile Rd in Salem, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in this lovely (and long-lasting) Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2021 Allergic to A challenge. ***