S Is for Salmon: A Pacific Northwest Alphabet

Where's this book been?
by Hannah Viano | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 3/2/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, March 02, 2021
I got this handsome hardcover from an online seller. (It's inscribed on the flyleaf as a 1st-birthday gift, circa 2014.) It's by the author of B is for Bear, and uses stark woodcut-style illustrations that I really like.)

For each entry, there's a little bit of info about the subject, from the clinical ("Tucked away when exposed at low tide, the tentacles of a sea ANEMONE reach out when the water returns") to the whimsical ("HORSETAILS are 100 million years old and still make the best pretend swords").

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Covered Bridge on Groton Rd. in Pepperell, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/3/2021 UTC) at Covered Bridge on Groton Rd. in Pepperell, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book, bagged against the elements, near the historical markers by the covered bridge; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2021 Wine+Food challenge. ***