The Strings of Murder

by Oscar de Muriel | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 071817982X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 1/14/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 14, 2021
Edinburgh, 1888. A violinist is murdered in his home. The dead virtuoso's maid swears she heard three musicians playing in the night. But with only one body in the locked practice room - and no way in or out - the case makes no sense.
Fearing a national panic over another Ripper, Scotland Yard sends Inspector Ian Frey to investigate under the cover of a fake department specialising in the occult. Howeveer, Frey's new boss, Detective "Nine-Nails" McGray, actually believes in supernatural nonsense.
McGray's tragic past has driven him to superstition, but even Frey must admit that this case seems beyond reason. And once someone loses all reason, who knows what they will lose next...

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 27, 2021
I enjoyed this tale set in Victorian Edinburgh although a lot of it was very gruesome and made me go eew a few times. There was plenty of action though and no really obvious suspects to start with and it turned out not to be the one I suspected so I must be losing my touch. There was also some humour in there too giving some light relief.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, February 05, 2021
Passed to a non-bookcrossing friend.