The Rooster Bar

by John Grisham | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by 4evagreen of Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 1/13/2021
Journal Entry 1 by 4evagreen from Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Picked up for one of Plum's themes.

Journal Entry 2 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 18, 2021
I have read virtually all of the author's output and particularly enjoyed his legal works. This book although it does feature lawyers has more to do with student fees and debt, a topic which has certainly been hot in Britain over the last few years and I've little doubt is likewise in the US.

As with a lot of Grisham's books there is little in the way of character building, but there is just enough for the reader to feel the full depth of these friends' desperation and determination. The story is well crafted and as the action rattles along at a breakneck pace you cannot help but root for these unlikely underdogs and that hope that somehow, against the odds, they will triumph, that whilst they may be doing wrong they aren't bad kids, but instead are the real victims.

I have found myself a little underwhelmed by the last few Grisham books that I've read, felt that he was simply churning them out, but this is a reminder as to why I persevere with him. A rollicking fun tale.

Journal Entry 3 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/20/2021 UTC) at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Spotted on a wishlist so going out to hopefully make a new friend. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, January 25, 2021
Received in the post from 4evagreen as a RABCK and just taken out of quarantine. Thanks very much for this wishlist book and also for the interesting postcard enclosed. I shall look forward to reading the book as soon as it can be fitted into one of Plum-Crazy's monthly themes. (See under Book Talk in the Forum). My husband will also probably read the book as he too is a Grisham fan.

Journal Entry 5 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, February 06, 2021
My husband has read this book and comments as follows:-"The early part of this book seemed to have an interesting story but as it progressed I became a little bored and thought the scam went on for too long."
The book will now go onto my tbr shelves until I can fit in into one of Plum-Crazy's monthly themes. Unfortunately didn't have time to fit in into the "selection box" theme.