Pride & Pyramids

Registered by wingRochester74wing of Gießen, Hessen Germany on 1/10/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingRochester74wing from Gießen, Hessen Germany on Sunday, January 10, 2021
Bought second hand.

"Pulled into the craze of Egyptology, the Darcys and their lively children embark on an expedition to find a hidden tomb and uncover its treasure. Not only are immeasurable riches awaiting them in the exotic land of the Sphinx, but also danger and betrayal and the chance to lay an ancient grudge to rest...

AMANDA GRANGE, bestselling author of Mr. Darcy's Diary and Mr. Darcy, Vampyre, teams up with Egyptologist Jacqueline Webb to create a breathtaking historical tale, perfect for fans of Death Comes to Pemberley. The Darcys' adventures at the hands of these talented storytellers open up whole new realms of exploration for lovers of Jane Austen and the Regency world."

Journal Entry 2 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Sunday, January 10, 2021
I was a bit sceptical, but I have to admit I liked it quite well.
Usually I prefer variations to sequels. But the true heroine of this story is Sophie Lucas, the small sister of Charlotte and Maria.
And after reading this I am quite longing to watch some documentaries of Old Egypt.
I do not really thing Darcy was rich enough to finance an expidition like this. And was it not a bit early for that? I thought the English plunderd Egypt a few years later?
See I need to watch some documentries about this time :-)