Thursday’s Child

by Helen Forrester | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by MrsDeltic of Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 1/3/2021
Journal Entry 1 by MrsDeltic from Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 3, 2021
Sendin travelling

Journal Entry 2 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, January 11, 2021
Received in the post as a surprise RABCK and just taken out of quarantine. Thank you so much for this lovely surprise-you are very kind. I've read non-fiction by this author and am keen to see what her fiction is like.

Journal Entry 3 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, October 2, 2021
REVIEW:-"I had mixed feelings about this book as I thought it was a little too chick-lit at first but it soon improved and I became interested in the goings on of the foreigners living in the UK during the second world war. I also learnt a lot about traditional Indian customs and enjoyed reading about Peggy's adventures and experiences in India. It brought tears to my eyes when Ajit met his mother unexpectedly after a long break-maybe because I've been parted from one of my own sons for a very long time due to the pandemic.
I thought the book had a satisfactory ending and would be happy to read other books by this author."
Reserving for Nu-Knees.

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/13/2021 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was sent by post to Nu-Knees. I hope she enjoys it.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 16, 2021
Thank you, daff, I love getting parcels of books through the post, thank you very much, especially when they include a chocolate treat :-) Greetings also to Mrs D who registered this book in the first place. As far as I can remember, I've never read anything by Helen Forrester, so I'll be happy to rectify that in due course. I can't guarantee when, of course, as my supply of books to be read is looking quite healthy at the moment . . . but you can never have too many - and I generally give priority to books that have come from other generous BookCrossers, so it might be sooner rather than later. Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 18, 2021
A routine, mundane story of love, family, race relations and cultural differences in post-war Britain and India. It was first published in 1959 and is showing its age . . .