Taming Toxic People

by David Gillespie | Health, Mind & Body |
Registered by WaterMonkeyStuf of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 1/2/2021
Journal Entry 1 by WaterMonkeyStuf from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, January 02, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/22/2021 UTC) at Melbourne Central Little Library in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, January 23, 2021
Caught today at Melbourne Central Little Library.
Could not resist it, I am very interested to read about how to identify and deal with toxic people...

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Monday, February 15, 2021
This is a fascinating look into the minds of pathologically difficult individuals.
According to David Gillespie, five to ten percent of people are probably psychopathic without ever indulging in a single criminal act. These people may be charming in the early stages of relationships or employment but, he argues, their presence in your life is at best disruptive, and at worst highly dangerous: they will leave you feeling cheated and humiliated, dominating and manipulating you.
Wow, what a revelation, I have definitely crossed paths with this type of character and asked myself 'why is this happening' now, at last, I have an answer.
Overall the book is clearly well researched, but far from being a boring old tome, it makes for really absorbing reading. Even if you're fortunate enough to not be associated with or have to deal with one of these people, this is an important book for all people to read.
Gillespie draws a highly plausible link between the growth of psychopathy in our society and the rise of individualism and capitalism. Psychopaths, he claims, thrive in an individualistic and materialistic society; but they are suppressed in a collectivist, communal society. Food for thought here...
Thank-you for sharing this WaterMonkeyStuf.